Hometown: California girl based in eastern Pennsylvania
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/
- Just getting to the start line these days!
- Of the big stuff: 126 marathons & 85 ultras...Approx. 700 races overall.
- 4 trail ultra wins and masters course records.
- Western States 100-Miler 7 times: 3 top 10s, 3rd woman overall and top master.
- Ran on the womens' relay team that shattered the Guinness World Record for the womens' 100 x 1 mile relay.
- Hardest & most rewarding: My Triple Marathon Challenge - ran the London Marathon and the Double Boston-notsoB in a 32-hour period. Raised $7,000 for Casa Bethesda, a Mexican orphanage in Piedras Negras.
- I have a goal of reading the Modern Library's 100 Best Books of all time. This is a huge fun project, I'm 20% done and it will take me years because, of course, they are not the only books I'm reading; our house is a library.
- I have a birthmark shaped like the state of California on my toe.
- A running-related thing: I was an extra in the Mariel Hemingway running movie, Personal Best, while a student at Cal Poly, SLO. I am in four scenes...find me.
Favorite Workout: hill repeats
Upcoming events: American River 50 Miler, Big Sur Marathon, Poconos Run for the Red, Comrades 56 miler in South Africa, and the Vermont 100.
For too long, I wore ill-fitting running shorts. The running apparel available was not working with my body type so just when I was going to attempt to design my own shorts (really, ask my husband) along come running skirts to save the day. Comfortable & cute - perfect.